Michelino Bisceglia (1970) was born in Belgium to a family of Italian origin.
At the age of 22 he got his first professional job: composing, arranging and orchestrating a piece for the Sinfonieorchester Aachen (Germany). Meanwhile Michelino Bisceglia has worked with a large number of international orchestras (such as the Brussels Philharmonic, Orquestra Sinfónica do Porto Casa da Música and The Japan Symfonia), for which he composed, arranged, orchestrated and conducted. In 2004 he formed his own symphonic orchestra: Prova Symfonica.
Michelino Bisceglia already composed the soundtracks for multiple feature films. Some of these films were screened at the Cannes Film Festival and Venice International Film Festival. His soundtrack for the film MARINA (about the childhood memories of Rocco Granata) won a World Soundtrack Award in 2014.
Michelino also orchestrates and conducts soundtracks for other film composers. His contribution to the animated film CAFARD composed by Hans Helewaut also won the World Soundtrack Award 2016 for best Belgian Score. And recently he orchestrated and conducted the score for the film RACER AND THE JAILBIRD composed by Raf Keunen and directed by Michaël R. Roskam.
As a composer and conductor he recently released the album Orchestral Works 1, including his first concerto for Oboe and String Orchestra and his personal Adagio for Strings. The recordings features the highly acclaimed Brussels Chamber Orchestra, the fabulous oboe soloist Piet Van Bockstal and the AMK Choir.
Michelino Bisceglia is frequently the music director for live events such as ceremonies, corporate events, concert tours and musicals. For these events he is often asked to arrange the music of musicians or to compose new music especially for the events (Special Olympics, Nespresso, Volvo, Daikin, Katoen Natie, Renault, European Presidency).
Michelino Bisceglia is also known as a jazz pianist. As a solist and sideman he recorded dozens of records for famous labels (such as. RCA Viktor, Blue Note, Enja). Bisceglia was nominated twice as best Belgian jazz musician of the year, and has performed on numerous international jazz festivals with his own jazz trio.
- HannahAndrea Palloaro
(Good Fortune Films | 2018)
- Le fidèleMickaël R. Roskam
(Savage Film | 2017)
- Quartier des banquesJean-Marc Fröhle
(Point Prod | 2017)
- Coup de foudre à NoëlArnauld Mercadier
(TF1 | 2017)
- Blue silenceBülent Öztürk
(Minds Meet & Daylight Films | 2017)
- Light ThereafterKonstantin Bojanov
(Film and Music Entertainment | 2017)
- The Pickle RecipeMichael Manasseri
(Storyboard Entertainment | 2016)
- Terug naar morgenLukas Bossuyt
(Caviar Content | 2015)
- CafardJan Bultheel
(Superprod | 2015)
- Boy 7Lourens Blok
(Lemming Film | 2015)
- GluckaufRemy Van Heugten
(BIND | 2015)
- Midden In De WinternachtLourens Blok
(Lemming Film | 2013)
- Ushi must marryPaul Ruven
(Stuffed Armadillo Productions | 2013)
- MarinaStijn Coninx
(Eyeworks Film & TV Drama | 2013)
- ValentinoRemy Van Heugten
(Lemming Film | 2013)
- Au nom du filsVincent Lannoo
(Yoni Productions | 2012)
- Mixed KebabGuy Lee Thys
(Fact & Fiction | 2012)
- Little GloryVincent Lannoo
(Left Field Ventures | 2011)
- Blue BirdGust Van Den Berghe
(Minds Meet | 2010)
- Concerto for Oboe and Strings Orchestrawith the Brussels Chamber Orchestra (2017)
- Recording at Galaxy Studios« Duelles » (2018)
- Concert with MauraneConducted, Arranged and Orchestrated by Michelino Bisceglia (2017)
- Recording at Galaxy Studios« Midden in De Winternacht » (2013)
- Toots Thielmans & Michelino BiscegliaLive in Brussels (2010)