Holder of the Grand Prix SACEM in 2012
Prix de la Musique de Film enregistrée SACEM SNEP in 1985.
With a 50 year career, Eric Demarsan just finished to work on Hervé Hadmar’s WONDERLAND TV series, with whom he has a sustained collaboration in television since the mini-series FORGOTTEN GIRLS (2008), then the TV series PIGALLE LA NUIT, SIGNATURE or the TV series co-directed with Marc Herpoux: WITNESSES or BEYOND THE WALLS (2016).
Eric Demarsan composed the music of some of the greatest classics of French film noir, notably for Jean-Pierre Melville with ARMY OF SHADOWS (1969) and THE RED CIRCLE (1970). He just finished to score a special tribute to Melville for the documentary MELVILLE, LE DERNIER SAMOURAï (2020).
“The unique melodic sense, the perverse harmonies, the irresistible orchestrations, Eric Demarsan’s music astonishes, surprises and deserves to be appreciated in the full dimension of its originality“. (Stéphane Lerouge)
These memorable scores made him meet the filmmaker Guillaume Nicloux in the 2000s for becoming his official composer by working on A PRIVATE AFFAIR (2002), HANGING OFFENSE, THE STONE COUNCIL and more recently THE END. They also worked on TV fiction THE GORDJI AFFAIR (2012).
He also worked on seven films with Jean-Pierre Mocky including THE RED IBIS, but also with Christian Gion on IT’S TOUGHT FOR EVERYBODY, Costa-Gavras on SPECIAL SECTION, Pierre Zucca on ROBERTE and Patrice Leconte on LES SPECIALISTES. He also performed for television on THE FALL OF THE MARQUISE DE PRIE by Pierre Granier-Deferre and CLARISSA by Jacques Deray.
Eric Demarsan was revealed to the audiovisual community in the 1970s, notably thanks to his orchestrating work for composers of famous film music such as Michel Magne (from 1965 to 1967) and François de Roubaix. At their side, he learned the craft on the series ANGELIQUE by Bernard Borderie, FANTOMAS by Andre Hunebelle, THE AERONAUTS by François Villiers, LE SAMOURAI by Jean-Pierre Melville and DIABOLICALLY YOURS Julien Duvivier.
- Witnesses (2014)Hervé Hadmar et Marc Herpoux
- WonderlandHervé Hadmar
(Cinétévé | 2020)
- Melville, le dernier samouraï,Cyril Leuthy
(Roche Productions | 2020)
- Forgotten Girls (2010)Hervé Hadmar
- The Stone Council (2006)Guillaume Nicloux
- Pigalle, La nuit (2009)Hervé Hadmar
- A Private Affair (2002)Guillaume Nicloux
- Special Section (1975)Costa-Gavras
- The Red Circle (1970)Jean-Pierre Melville
- Army of Shadows (1969)Jean-Pierre Melville
- Beyond The Walls (2016)Hervé Hadmar et Marc Herpoux
- Making of - Record Melville le dernier Samouraï (2020)
- Jean-Pierre Melville's Tribute
- 2012 SACEM Award
- Eric Demarsan in 10 movies
- SACEM InterviewIn French language